For the Love of Rock and Metal is a blog dedicated to music articles, concert reviews, CD reviews, interviews and all other things related to rock and metal. There is an emphasis on local or semi-local music in the Madison, WI area.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

What a weekend...

4 shows in 5 days. Sounds crazy, right? Well, it was. But totally worth it.

On Thursday, Seven Signs played at the RSR Stage in Madison, WI and did a great job (despite being minus one bass player). I was disappointed in the lack of a crowd again and would definitely encourage people to get out and see these local bands. That's the only way the local music scene can survive. If you always say "Oh, I'll catch them next time," there may not be a next time for long. So get out there and support your local musicians!

Friday was Murderstock, which I've been looking forward to for quite some time. Murderstock was really a 2 day event, but I could only make it Friday to see Seven Signs again, along with Ultrea and many other bands. Honestly, I was there just to enjoy it and not to review it, so I'm not going to review any of the bands (although, everyone knows what I feel about Seven Signs and I definitely recommend people check out Ultrea). I will say that I could probably watch BT and Seven Signs every night of the week, but I doubt they have the time or energy to play every night especially since they are busy recording their new album in the studio.

WJJO Band Camp


Yesterday (Saturday) was 94.1 WJJO Band Camp #9, which is an all day outdoor festival at Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI. I have been to every Band Camp so far, starting with July 24th, 2004. I will admit that this was not the best lineup I've seen at Band Camp, but it was still a lot of fun. Eye Empire tore up the stage early and Ghosts of August, Slaves on Dope, Nonpoint and Hurt kept the crowd going. The show ended with headliner Korn. I may get a lot of flack for this, but I was disappointed in Korn. Yes, they did an amazing job and they ended the show well, but I was hoping to hear more of the older tunes and less of the newer stuff (that I don't really like much). But, they have to do what they have to do and I know there are some people who enjoy their new music and they did end the set with a bunch of their older songs, but only after I saw and heard a lot of old school fans leaving (and not very happy). All in all, it was a good a show and I'll definitely be going next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment