For the Love of Rock and Metal is a blog dedicated to music articles, concert reviews, CD reviews, interviews and all other things related to rock and metal. There is an emphasis on local or semi-local music in the Madison, WI area.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Want to Help the Local Music Scene? Here's Your Chance...

I've heard it again and again... "I wish I could do something for local music but I don't know what to do." For those of us who live for music and are always trying to find a way to be involved, it can be hard. Personally, I  can't play any instrument other than the violin (though I've never tried any other instrument). I prefer to watch and help behind the scenes. Starting when I was 16, I basically appointed myself as the manager, web developer and photographer for a local band. I loved doing it and hopefully they enjoyed it too. Now, I am involved by going to shows, writing reviews, writing for The Blacktooth and helping wherever I can. I buy t-shirts, support the bands and try to spread the word.


This week, I found another way to get involved. Madison, WI metal band Seven Signs is trying to get their album off the ground. For anyone who knows anything about the industry, they know that it is very time consuming and costly to record a studio album. Many bands can't afford it and many more go broke as individuals paying for it, so Seven Signs reached out for help. Through their Kickstarter page, they are offering awesome reasons to donate toward their new album.



They aren't asking for something for nothing. Instead, they are offering incentive rewards. The rewards are based on the level at which a backer pledges. 

$15 - Receive a copy of the debut album (so, basically you are just pre-ordering the album and helping them reach their goal).
$30 - Receive a signed copy of the debut album and a sticker pack.
$55 - Receive a signed copy of the debut album and an exclusive T-Shirt
$100 - Receive a signed copy of the debut album, an exclusive T-Shirt and a special mention in the album and on the band's website. 
$175 - Receive a signed copy of the debut album, an exclusive T-Shirt, a special mention in the album and on the band's website and a limited Dickies-style shirt (10 available). 

So, its easy enough - click this link, pledge whatever you are comfortable pledging and pass it on to everyone who may want to help an amazing local band. Like I said, the lowest level of $15 is just pre-ordering the album essentially. Get out there and do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment