For the Love of Rock and Metal is a blog dedicated to music articles, concert reviews, CD reviews, interviews and all other things related to rock and metal. There is an emphasis on local or semi-local music in the Madison, WI area.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Return of the Prodigal Band

In case no one in the area has been paying attention... Malice in Wonderland played their first show in over 2 years last night. Apparently Santa got my letter this year and delivered my present early in the form of Dave O, Chris and the rest of this great band.

MIW is the first local band I ever enjoyed enough to go to every show (which is a nice way of saying "stalked") and they set me on the path I'm on now. They gave me a new appreciation for metal, the local scene and a better understanding of how it all works. If it weren't for then, I might never have started seeking out more local bands and local music, which led to this blog. So, if you don't like this blog - feel free to blame them. Their unique sound, 2 vocalists and heavy instrumentals are unforgettable. Here is the article I wrote about them when I first started this blog, which may have been the letter that Santa got and decided I was good enough this year to have this band back.

They played a half hour set as the last band of Mad City Underground, a 2 stage event at the Regent Street Retreat. I've been waiting for this and was not disappointed. It was just like I remember and definitely brought back some great memories. Here are a few pictures and one video. Check back in a day or two for another video being featured.








No comments:

Post a Comment